A Message From The Owner
Our Tribe is here to help you!
Many Chicagoland homeowners are experiencing leaks, flooding, sewer backup and structural damage in your basement or crawl space due to the recent record breaking rains.
With more than 50 inspectors and over 100 installers working 7 days a week, we are doing our best to help as many homeowners as possible recover from the recent storms.
Over the last 41 years Perma-Seal has helped over 400,000 homeowners in the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas make their homes healthier and more valuable, and we are looking forward to helping you!
While you’re waiting for help to arrive, I encourage you to read and use the DIY tips listed below. We appreciate your patience and rest assured that our Tribe will do our very best to offer you a permanent solution to your problem.
7 things you can do if you’ve experienced water in your basement or crawl space:
Do NOT go into standing water.
- Ensure power is shut off.
Check your sump pump to ensure it's running/working properly.
- Have an older sump pump? Consider replacing it (we recommend every 3-5 years)
- Watch our DIY video on how you can check your sump pump here.
Clear out your downspouts and ensure they are extended away from the house.
- For a temporary fix, use black corrugated pipe from your local hardware store to assist with extending your downspouts. This will get water away from your foundation!
Take pictures and video to document observations.
- When your Consultant arrives the documentation can assist with the assessment.
Clear out window wells.
- Remove leaves, sticks and debris from the window well drains so they can drain properly.
- Watch our DIY video on how you can inspect and maintain your window wells here.
Protect yourself from another rainstorm:
- Move valuable items to high ground
- Cut away water damaged wood or drywall.
- Roll and pull back carpet
- Use fans to assist with drying and preventing mold growth
- Need help with this? We recommend Chicago Water & Fire Restoration 24-Hr Dispatch 1-800-567-6911 or visit their website here (click)
Add a dehumidification system to the area to help ventilate and regular humidity levels.
- While you are waiting, check out our Perma-Dry dehumidification & air filtration system.
Basement Waterproofing and Foundation Repair Chicago & NW Indiana
We have a variety of services available for homeowners to control, repair, and even prevent problems with your foundation, basement, crawl space, sagging concrete and sewer related concerns.
Celebrating Over 40 Years of Making the World a Better Place
Since we began helping homeowners in the Chicagoland area, we have worked on over 400,000 homes to ensure they are protected from basement and crawl space flooding and unstable foundations. Using products and methods that we have tested and know work for the problems you face in your home, we will provide you with the best available repairs and preventive services in the industry. Perma-Seal guarantees that any product or scope of work that carries a warranty will be serviced free of charge for the entire warranty time frame.
Why Choose Perma-Seal?
We are an industry leader that provides exceptional products installed by expertly trained professionals. Because many of our teammates are from the area and have been working here their entire lives, we know what type of problems to expect and how to appropriately assess and provide the best type of repair for each situation we come across. We treat every job as if we were performing the work on our own home.
Our informative video featuring Perma-Seal Basement Systems founder, Roy Spencer and national home improvement expert, Lou Manfredini will help you understand how and why Perma-Seal is dedicated to providing you with a superior customer experience and the greatest value for your home.
Customer Reviews and Testimonials
Perma-Seal is The Recognized Industry Leader!
- 2016 & 2003 Better Business Bureau Torch Award For Marketplace Ethics
- A+ Rating With The Better Business Bureau
- 2011 & 2018 Chicago Tribune Top Workplace In Illinois
- 2011 Philanthropic Community Award From Downers Grove Chamber Of Commerce
- 98.4% Customer Satisfaction (Based On Customer Surveys)