Basement Humidity & Air Quality Control Systems
Keeping the air in your home free from moisture and healthy is important. Our team at Perma-Seal offers air quality and humidity control system installation for home and businesses in the Chicago area.
After you have installed a basement waterproofing system, you can turn your focus to controlling the humidity and turning the basement into a more habitable area. Similar to installing a crawl space encapsulation system, the final piece of the puzzle is going to be a standalone dehumidifier or one combined with an air filter which will control the humidity levels and improve the air quality in the area. A large portion of the air in your home is drawn from the basement so ensuring this air is clean and at an appropriate humidity level is very important.
The EPA states that indoor air pollution is one of the top five environmental health risks. Common sources of indoor air pollution are building materials and furnishings such as insulation, damp carpet, and certain types of furniture, household cleaners, humidifiers, and even outdoor air pollution. The installation of a basement air filtration and dehumidification system can reduce the impact of these pollutants and contribute to reducing the overall humidity levels in your home.
Maintaining healthy air in your home is one of the most important things you can do. The air inside your home can be up to 5 times more polluted than the air outside. As part of any of our basement waterproofing and crawl space encapsulation systems, we recommend the installation of a humidity control and air filtration system. These systems are designed to prevent the humidity from getting to unsafe levels. When humidity is at a high level, it will help facilitate the growth of mold and mildew which can cause serious health risks to your family. A proper dehumidifier can keep these levels under control and prevent this from happening. When coupled with an air filtration system, you will notice a reduction in musty odors as well.
How Perma-Dry Helps Your Home
The basement or crawl space is part of your building. If there are high humidity levels and musty odors downstairs, it will affect your main living spaces. Keeping your basement or crawl space dry with a Perma-Dry system will help keep humidity levels in your home between 30-60%. Take a look at some of the benefits you get with a perma dry system.
- World’s most efficient dehumidifier without a bulky heat exchange core!
- Small size fits in crawl spaces and takes up minimal space in basements.
- Filters mold spores, dust mite droppings, dust, and other particulates from your air with a large MERV 8 filter with carbon.
- The PermaDry is fully deductible, so it does not have to be located in the space you are drying.
- Simple automatic controls
- Convenient handles and light weight make PermaDry easy to move around.
- The cabinet is not spray painted but powder coated for scratch resistance.
- Drains automatically – no buckets to empty.
- PermaDry’s LCDI plug provides electric circuit protection.
Perma-Dry Vs. "Big Box Dehumidifiers"
Perma-Dry Air System:
- Designed to dehumidify AND improve air quality.
- Dual stage air filter system removes mold spores to a size of 3 microns, including allergens and all mold spores, creating a healthier environment throughout the home.
- Recirculates the cleaner air back into the home, helps to remove odors.
- Removes 100 pints of water from air per day, continuous drain.
- Runs at an efficient 5.6 amps., up to 3X more efficient than most “Big Box store” models.
- Five (5) year in-home, free replacement warranty
“Big Box store” dehumidifiers (typical):
- Designed only to remove water.
- Does not improve air quality or remove odors.
- 40-50 pints per day, insufficient to lower humidity to below 60 degrees in most basements (level needed to control mold growth).
- Inefficient filters don’t “clean” the air and regularly get clogged and prevent the machine from functioning.
- May need to be manually emptied.
- One (1) year, return to store, warranty.
Basement Dehumidifier and Air Filter In One
The PermaDry™ is one of the highest-performing and most efficient air filtration and dehumidification system without a large heat exchange core. This will help prevent the growth of mold and mildew, reduce musty odors, and help provide healthy, dry air that can improve the overall health and comfort of your home. The Perma-Dry is Energy Star certified for high efficiency, has a filter to remove mold spores, dust, and fine particulates, drains directly to your water removal system, and has automatic humidity sensors to control excess humidity. When partnered with a basement waterproofing system for areas that experience high levels of relative humidity it will help to keep that level below 50%.
Contact Us For Humidity Control Solutions For Your Basement
If you’d like to schedule a consultation with a member of our team to discuss improving the air quality in your basement, please contact us today.
Jorge was great!! He took his time and made sure we understood. Jorge was very friendly respectful! It feels good when people know how to treat people.. ThanksRead more “Service”
Sump pump battery replacement and inspection
Gene Krukowski did a great job inspecting my basement and replacing my battery backup batteries. Thank you for sendingRead more “Sump pump battery replacement and inspection”
Sump Pump Installation
Friendly. Responsible. Competent. Efficient. Knowledgeable. Whole experience wasRead more “Sump Pump Installation”