Perma-Seal Basement Systems is a locally-owned, family-operated business that was started through humble beginnings in 1979. After answering an ad in the newspaper for a manager trainee, Roy was told to “manage this” by being handed a shovel. He rose to the challenge, and was promoted to production manager.
However, after working for several local waterproofing companies, he was unhappy with the “patch ‘em now, service ‘em later” business approach. He decided to branch off on his own and build his own company, alongside his red, pickup truck.
Our focus continued to be centered around our clients and providing a superior customer experience through honest, ethical, high quality work, completed by a business of integrity, and backed up by a solid warranty.
We became Perma-Seal Basement Systems, after joining Basement Systems, an international network of basement waterproofing companies. We also joined Foundation SupportWorks, which is our network of foundation repair solutions.
Since then, Perma-Seal has proudly served over 400,000 homeowners in the greater Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas. Nearly 40 years later, Perma-Seal continues to seek to improve efficiency, profitability, and our clients’ experience. As it stands today, the founder of our company Roy Spencer serves as President alongside his wife, Laura Ann Spencer, as the Chief Operating Officer. They continue to lead their team, which is referred to as the Perma-Seal Tribe.
Why Choose Perma-Seal?
- Perma-Seal uses the most advanced products and repair methods in the industry, constantly evaluating our materials in search of the best solution for your basement, crawl space or foundation problems.
- Many of our product and service solutions have been developed in response to our clients' needs and requests.
- Recently we've added a superior sewer backup prevention solution, as well as basement plumbing solutions to our array of offerings.
- We offer the best warranties in the industry that are fully transferable to any new owners; many for the life of the structure.
- Most importantly, our competitive, no-haggle pricing assures that you're getting a fair price without the stress of playing the negotiating game.