Sewer Line Camera Inspections
Inspecting a sewer line can be tricky without sophisticated technology. Our team at Perma-Seal offers professional sewer line camera inspection services for residential and commercial properties in Chicago and the surrounding area.
What is a Sewer Line Camera?
The experts at Perma-Seal can use a sewer line camera to determine the best solution for your sewer problems. A sewer line camera, also known as a sewer inspection camera or drain camera, is a specialized tool sewer professionals use to visually inspect the interior of sewer pipes and drains. It consists of a small camera attached to a flexible cable or rod, which is inserted into the sewer line to capture real-time video footage of the pipe’s condition.
The sewer line camera is designed to navigate the pipes, providing a detailed interior view. It is equipped with bright LED lights to illuminate the surroundings and capture clear images even in dark or confined spaces. The camera is built to withstand the harsh conditions of sewer lines.
The footage captured by the sewer line camera is displayed on a monitor or screen, allowing the technician to assess the sewer line’s condition and identify any issues or obstructions. The camera can reveal problems like blockages, cracks, leaks, root intrusions, or other structural defects that may be causing sewer backups or drainage issues.
Professionals can use a sewer line camera to pinpoint the exact location and nature of the problem within the sewer system. This helps determine the most appropriate course of action. The use of sewer line cameras enhances the efficiency and accuracy of sewer inspections, minimizes disruption, and saves time and costs by identifying and addressing specific issues without the need for extensive exploratory work. It enables targeted repairs or maintenance, ensuring the sewer system is restored to proper working condition.
If you think there may be a problem with your sewer lines, one of the fastest and easiest ways to investigate and evaluate them is by rodding the line with one of our camera systems. This will allow us to properly inspect the line for any blockages or issues and help prevent backups.
How Does a Sewer Line Camera Work?
A sewer line camera works by capturing real-time video footage of the interior of sewer pipes and drains. Here’s a general overview of how a sewer line camera works:
● Camera and Cable: The sewer line camera consists of a small, waterproof camera attached to the end of a flexible rod. The camera is mounted on a swiveling head, allowing for 360-degree rotation and providing a comprehensive view of the pipe’s interior.
● Insertion into the Sewer Line: The camera is inserted into the sewer line through an access point. The flexible rod lets the camera navigate the pipe’s twists, turns, and bends.
● Illumination: The camera is equipped with bright LED lights around its lens. These lights illuminate the interior of the sewer pipe, ensuring clear visibility and capturing detailed images even in dark or dimly lit environments.
● Video Display: The camera is connected to a monitor or screen, which displays the live video feed from the camera. This allows the plumber or technician to observe and assess the sewer line’s condition in real time.
● Inspection and Analysis: As the camera moves through the sewer line, it captures high-quality video footage of the pipe’s interior. The technician can observe the video feed to identify issues or abnormalities like blockages, cracks, leaks, root intrusions, or other structural defects.
Using a sewer line camera, our professionals can conduct thorough inspections of sewer lines without requiring extensive digging or exploratory work. The camera provides a visual representation of the pipe’s condition, enabling targeted repairs, maintenance, or further investigation based on the identified issues.
What are the Benefits of Using a Sewer Line Camera for Sewer Inspections?
Using a sewer line camera offers several benefits in plumbing and sewer maintenance. Here are some key advantages of using a sewer line camera:
- Accurate Diagnosis
- Minimizes Guesswork
- Time and Cost Savings
- Preventive Maintenance
- Non-Invasive Method
- Enhanced Customer Communication
Contact Us For Sewer Line Camera Inspections In Chicago and NW Indiana
If you have any type of sewer problems, don’t hesitate to contact us and set up a meeting with one of our experts. Our team at Perma-Seal offers professional sewer line camera services for your home or business. Contact our experts today by calling 800-421-7325 or click the button below to fill out our online contact form.