Sewer repair: These 3 words are dreaded by property owners throughout the country, and no wonder. Sewer repair is sometimes pricey, and people are typically responsible for the part of the sewer line running from the house to the street. In this area, tree roots can certainly grow through pipes, built-up crud can block pipes, and older steel or clay pipes might disintegrate altogether. Fortunately, if you're able to spot the following early symptoms of failing plumbing, you can typically save yourself money and misery.
1. Tubs, sinks and showers which drain slowly. Slowly draining sinks, tubs and showers may be infuriating. In such troublesome circumstances, it can be tempting to respond by simply dumping Drano or Liquid Plumbr down the clogged drain, but this is foolish when confronted with older metal or clay pipes. Older pipes may be easily eaten away by these kinds of harsh products. In addition, a slowly draining water pipe is usually the first indicator of a larger plumbing problem. To protect your pipes, get in touch with a professional plumber whenever you find a slow-draining pipe. A plumbing contractor from Perma-Seal may provide an expert assessment of the greatest way to maintain your home's sewer system.
2. Odd sounds and smells. Unusual, strong odors and uncommon sounds are other indications of a sewer line problem. Sewer line repair may be required if your toilet is making peculiar gurgling noises or if a sewage sinkhole turns up in your yard.
3. Foundation-level water damage and mold. Sewer damage might cause added moisture to leak through your home's foundation. If you notice cracking around your house's foundation, or moisture on your basement walls, contact a plumbing contractor to check that the wetness isn't the result of a plumbing or sewer line problem.
4. Shifting water levels within the toilet bowl. Each morning, you notice that the water level inside the toilet bowl may be very low. Yet that evening, the bowl could be almost full. Such shifting water levels tend to be an indication of a failing sewer system, so call a professional plumber if you notice this phenomenon.
5. Discoloration all around basement drains. Water ring stains around basement drains are another indication that the sewer line needs the attention of a professional plumber.
6. Flourishing insect communities. Deteriorating sewer lines are like magnets to mice, rats and some bugs. Sewage repair may be required if you notice a rise in pest populations around your home.
Particularly with elderly plumbing devices, a leaking pipe is like a security alarm, signaling that other pipes can also be on the brink of failure. To get a grip on whether your plumbing system may last, a professional plumber may send a remote video camera through your network. If any pipes are about to bust, the camera provides you with a heads up. If your whole plumbing system is outdated and weak, it may be best to simply replace the entire thing. Although this can be a pricey enterprise, the benefit is that a new sewer line will dependably perform its work for decades to come.
Please call Perma-Seal as soon as possible at 800-421-SEAL!